1. What do you do?
2. Why did you become a film maker?
I became a filmmaker/storyteller because of the attraction I have towards people, their stories, and sharing that with others. I was introduced to the camera at a young age, and I guess over time I developed more and more of a love for capturing "life" through a lens. But if I had to sum it up in a short sentence, I just love to create!
3. What are some of the benefits of this job?
I get to meet really awesome people, like you! I am constantly having to challenge myself creatively, while also having some direction through each day.
4. What are some of the drawbacks?
I think you can box yourself in if your not careful. I have to make the effort to continue to create everyday, engage in my creative community here in DC, and block out all the noise "haters" haha
5. What were your biggest challenges entering this field?
You absolutely have to be confident in yourself and your abilities as an artist, but also not be afraid to fail. If i'm not failing Im doing something wrong. If that makes any sense :)
6. Was this the path you thought you’d take when you were younger?
Not at all! It wasn't until high school that I really started to fall in love with the idea of being an "artist" and not having that typical 9-5
7. What would you change about your approach?
I think i'll always be changing, and learning from every project I complete or client I work with. I believe it's good practice to find more and more challenging projects.
8. What does the outlook for your career look like?
hmm, God only knows! For me, I just want to continue to tell stories. I definitely would like to do more impactful work that creates change or provokes thought change.
9. If you didn’t choose this career path, what would you be doing?
Maybe a poor mans John Mayer :)
10. What advice would you give to anyone trying to make a run in this career path?
Do it! You will be scared, you will try to talk yourself out of pursuing your dream because of financial security, peer pressure, etc. But follow what your heart wants. YOU ONLY GET ONE CHANCE AT THIS!